Monday, October 18, 2010

How to help the families in the Philippines

The Philippine Red Cross is the organization on site doing lots of work. They accept any donations! On this site you'll find all the information you need. You may send a check or make a bank deposit. Supposedly you're also able to donate through sms, but I haven't yet figured out how. I texted "RED(space)1" to 2899 just to see if it would work, but it didn't. Maybe I'm just stupid who can't figure it out (I don't want to call the hotline as I'm sure there are people calling with more urgent questions). The great thing is that you can donate just as much as you afford. You can also send food, medicines, sanitary products and shelter materials. Check the site for all info.

Another option for us who like the work of the Red Cross is to donate locally. In most places you can choose category for your donation, like "Disaster Relief", but there's a minimum amount for what you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment